The new Canoe Landing Campus includes a community recreation centre, both public and Catholic elementary schools, and a childcare centre all on one campus in Toronto’s busy downtown core. Sustainability features include maximum green roofing and photovoltaic panels, targeting the highest level of Toronto Green Standards. The community centre includes a double gymnasium with a mezzanine running track, change rooms, multi-purpose rooms, a pre-school room, teaching kitchen, lobby, reception, admin areas, along with ancillary spaces. The roof includes a basketball court, walking track, lounge area and a garden.
HVAC systems installed include a hot water heating plant, glycol heating systems, chilled water plant, domestic hot water plant, variable volume air handling units, in-floor heating, snow melting, split A/C units, exhaust fans and miscellaneous cabinet and unit heaters. The building has full DDC control down to and including the individual spaces. Electrical systems installed include electrical distribution, emergency generator and distribution, low voltage lighting control system, and solar photovoltaic system.
Services provided by CFMS:
· Contract document review
· Mechanical and electrical commissioning coordination
· Installation reviews from a commissioning perspective
· Witnessing static and dynamic contractor tests
· Verification of DDC system and BAS
· Verification of lighting control system
· 100% performance testing of major HVAC systems and spot checking on terminal devices
· Co-ordination of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems training
· Seasonal performance testing of HVAC systems.
Improve communication between team members and instill pride in everyone involved.
Benefit from a more streamlined process, improved quality – and a significantly better end result.
Ensure your green initiatives are working. Top quality control at every phase.
Stay on budget and on schedule. Optimize performance and occupant comfort.
Get your building performing at peak efficiency and avoid inferior operator and maintenance knowledge.