The new Student Centre at Trent University was designed with connection in mind – to connect students to each other and the beautiful landscape in the surrounding Otonabee River area. The use of glass is a key feature of this space that offers a variety of study spaces, state of the art lecture rooms, a café, and an assortment of gathering spaces. The use of concrete and wood tie the project to the University’s past architecture. Targeting LEED® Silver certification, sustainable features include for the following:
HVAC systems consist of a hot water heating plant with secondary variable-flow pumping, variable volume air handling units with heat recovery (enthalpy) wheels and LV lighting controls with occupancy sensors and daylight harvesting. The building has full DDC control down to and including the individual spaces.
Services provided by CFMS:
· Contract document review
· Commissioning coordination
· Installation review from a commissioning prospective
· Witnessing static and dynamic contractor tests
· Verification of DDC system and BAS
· 100% performance testing of HVAC systems
· Co-ordination of mechanical equipment and systems training
· Development of systems design & re-commissioning manual
· Seasonal performance testing of HVAC systems.
Improve communication between team members and instill pride in everyone involved.
Benefit from a more streamlined process, improved quality – and a significantly better end result.
Ensure your green initiatives are working. Top quality control at every phase.
Stay on budget and on schedule. Optimize performance and occupant comfort.
Get your building performing at peak efficiency and avoid inferior operator and maintenance knowledge.